Monday, July 9, 2012

Thrift and Salvage Stores

  People ask me, does shopping at thrift stores and salvage stores really save you that much money? Oh yes! I love thrifting and shopping at salvage stores! Since I enjoy shopping so much (and by enjoy I mean LOVE ), I have to hunt for deals and I rarely pay full price for anything, hence my love for thrift and salvage stores. I mean why pay a lot for a piece when you could find something similar or the same exact thing for cheaper!

 Here are two bags that I have bought in the past two months, one from a thrift store originally from Banana Republic, the other from a salvage store originally from Target. I fell in love with each bag but not with their prices so I waited to find a similar bag but I ended up buying the same bag just for much much cheaper. 

Bag #1
This bag is originally from Banana Republic and cost around $120. That's a little hefty for my wallet so I waited, and found it at a local thrift store for $5! Totally worth the wait!


                                                                                                                                                    
Bag #2                                 

This bag is from Target and originally cost $39.99, which isn't too bad but I didn't exactly need it and I don't really have a spare 40 bucks to spend! I found this exact purse at a salvage store tonight for $3!! Crazy right?!?! I saved a total of $153, so yes shopping at thrift and salvage stores really does save you money! Lots of money, think about how many shoes I could buy with $153! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment